Winter White

Can you keep a secret?  {Okay, here goes:  I think white is boring!}  Oops, did I say that?  Well, we all have our little things, don't we?  I have an exception though, and that is a white palette for a winter wedding.  Personally, I think that's when white really finds her spotlight!  What's not to love about a January wedding featuring the loveliest in white blooms?  I think the trick is to keep any monochromatic palette dynamic through texture and creative use of chroma, tones, and shades. 


For example...

We loved wrapping up our winter wedding season with an intimate destination wedding in Stowe.  The bride carried this bouquet of roses, freesia, ornithogalum, hyacinths, brunia, hypericum, sea holly, and waxflower. Of course it was the delicate anenome with her inky black centers that really stole the show.  Each flower brought unique texture and shape to bouquet and the white ranged from snow white to cream.  The presence of naturally occurring green in this bouquet kept it feeling organic.  We even added a little silvery gray as an anchor.  White doesn't have to be boring!  {I'm convinced, how about you?}








Comments

Popular Posts