Magic in the Mountains - Real Vermont Wedding

Laura and Stockton were married on a stunning late August Saturday at The Ponds at Bolton Valley (not gonna lie, it's one of my favorite venues).  I felt a connection with Laura right from the "get" - on our very first phone call to chat about working together her enthusiasm and vivacious spirit captivated me.  We both knew right off that working together was a no-brainer.  I wrote down in our first call notes that her vision was "a perfect summer day, bringing the outdoors in, brightness, lightness, a Vermont lodge party with an undertone of elegance".  You can see it was all of that - and more - thanks to the incredible work of the Makayla McGarvey Photography team!

What did Laura have to say?

"From my first phone call with SJ, I felt instantly connected. She spent over an hour on the phone with me before I had even signed on to work with her to get a sense of my vision for the day, and the feeling that I wanted to create (above and beyond the florals). She is professional, creative, a true artist, and simply a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend working with her to create your vision!"

Thank you, Laura + Stockton!

A boat on the pond, lush florals, eight flower girls...the swoon list goes on and on...just check it out for yourself, friends.

Be inspired!
SJ


 

Laura envisioned her eight flower girls with crowns.  It was one of my favorite parts of the design work!

"A big statement flower for my hair," requested Laura.  I used two huge ranunculus and crafted a clip.
Did it last all day and all night? See for yourself below!
Laura's lush bouquet featured fragrant roses and eucalyptus.






This shot!  Swooning over here! 
My assistants (nieces) were tickled to be in the right place at the right time to catch part of this first look.





It's always fun to design for the mantle at The Ponds. 
I love how we connected the anchor arrangement and the mantle piece with natural movement.


Shy Guy Gelato and rockin' out to The Sultans?  Yes, please!

The flowers in her hair...still going 12 hours later!


Comments

Popular Posts