Wedding at the Winery - Real Vermont Wedding


Haley and Chris tied the knot on a warm June day–the cusp of summer kept us on our toes as rain showers moved throughout the Champlain Valley, threatening to disrupt plans for an outdoor ceremony on the scenic grounds of the Maquam Barn and Winery.  My fleuristas and I designed the arbor arrangements amidst early afternoon showers, but the clouds moved on and the evening was perfection.  

Typically, my couples travel to Vermont for a destination wedding.  This wedding was different.  Haley and Chris are local folks–Haley is the daughter of a high school friend of mine.  I couldn't wait to bring their vision to life. It was a glorious welcome out of the wedding lull that was 2020. 

Flowers included lush foliage, blousy peonies sourced from generous local growers, roses in soft shades of blush, ranunculus, larkspur, sweet peas, and the most perfect and fragrant freesia.  Haley request gardenias and my heart sank when my supplier informed me they weren't being grown for the floral market this year.  At the last minute, two boxes arrived and I was able to tuck two blossoms into Haley's bouquet.  The fragrance was heavenly!

Congratulations, Haley and Chris - wishing you all the best for your happily ever after.

Enjoy these photos by the wildly talented Ellen Sargent of Ellen Sargent Photography (not gonna lie, I do a little happy dance when I discover one of my couples has booked her).

Be Inspired,
SJ
 



Comments

Popular Posts