Farmhouse Estate Styled Shoot



There's nothing quite like mid-June when the peonies are all in bloom to take me back to the generational family farms of my roots.  I can taste my grandmother's jellies and sweets, hear the melodic chirping of meadow birds, and smell the first cut hay drying in billowing rows.  So, it seemed right to stage this wedding inspired shoot at the Barlow House, a quintessential Vermont farm estate, and bring all of these memories together.

I selected a focal palette of pinks and violets and filled in with lots of accent colors inspired by vintage china passed down to me from my Great Grandmother, Georgianna Farnham Willey.

Fragrant blooms from early Vermont gardens, including my own, filled the air with the sweet perfume of peonies and tea roses, and the peppery tickle of lupines.

Vintage lace, antique botanical prints, fresh sangria, berry pies, a sense of place...what's not to love?

Enjoy!











Creatively Yours,
Sarah Jo

-Vendor Love-

Photographer: The Light + Color
Gown by Lillian West: Fiori Bridal Boutique
Models: Allison Machia, Allison Gervais, Anna Willey, Ella Willey
Styling & Details: Sarah Jo Willey



Comments

Popular Posts